We are reopening!
Let me start by letting you all know how much the team and I have missed you all and hope you have stayed happy and healthy over the last few months. It has been such a tough year for so many people but having had the wonderful news that we can reopen hopefully there are better times ahead.
In this newsletter I hope to address the many varied questions and concerns that you may have about returning to The Club after the COVID-19 crisis. However, if you need any more detail or clarification about anything, please do not hesitate to get in touch. We have had to make many changes to our normal operation due to the government guidelines and there will, understandably, be some areas of your experience that suffer more than others. We just ask that you stick with us, stay together and stay safe when using The Club. We want to make sure we get it right so if you have any feedback once we are up and running we would love to hear it!
I have put together a phased opening timetable as I believe this is the safest way to open The Club.
The Beauty department will be reopening first on Thursday 23rd July. For the first two weeks this will only be open on Thursday, Friday and Saturday; however this will be kept under review and may change from the 3rd August. All the usual treatments will be available apart from facials, eye treatments and facial waxing which will be available from 1st August. Claire and the team have been working incredibly hard to get the Beauty department ready and safe, with social distancing and sanitising measures already in place for opening. If you wish to make a booking, please email email@example.com and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
We will be reopening The Club on 3rd August with new opening hours as follows:
Monday – Friday: 06.45 – 20.30
Saturday: 08.00 – 17.00
Sunday: 08.00 – 15.00
Access to the gym will be booking only and will be accessible via the Fitsense app this will be available a week before we open. As of the 3rd August, bookings can also be made by ringing The Club reception. We have set the gym capacity with social distancing in mind at 27 people, but this will remain under regular review. Classes will be returning from 1st September with a slightly revised timetable, which is available on The Club’s website. We ask that members bring their own mats for classes if they can.
When you arrive for the gym please keep in mind the following, as per government guidance:
- Please arrive on time for your booking, not early or late, wearing your gym kit if possible to avoid using the changing rooms.
- We ask that members wear a facemask on arrival until they enter the gym to protect our staff and other members. We will also be asking all members to sanitise their hands at reception.
- You will now scan yourselves in on arrival at reception with your membership cards. There will still be staff on hand to assist with any queries.
- Please bring your membership card and bank card for making purchases. We will take cash when necessary but will aim to be as contactless as possible.
- Water fountains will be available for use. We just ask that you don’t drink directly from the tap and bring your own water if you can.
- There will be a clear and obvious one-way system in operation at The Club and we hope all members can understand and will cooperate with this.
- Please clean all equipment as you go with wipes and spray. All equipment will be cleaned by staff in between sessions so we ensure we are as safe as we can be.
The layout of the gym has been changed so that all users are 2m apart when using the equipment. When using the gym, please think of others and be considerate so we can maintain social distancing as much as possible. When classes aren’t running, the studio will also be available for use for gym users.
PT will still be available as before and the mornings, Mon-Fri, small group training sessions will be available (£4 per session).
There are some staff changes to be aware of.
- Nathan has decided to pursue alternative employment so will now only be holding one class per week – Define & Movement on Friday mornings. We wish him well.
- Sheila has made the decision to no longer hold her Yoga class on a Tuesday but she will be continuing with her Thursday class.
The pool will be open from the middle of August a date is to be decided. The pool will also have a booking system, at a maximum capacity of 3 swimmers at any one time. The sauna, steam room and spa bath will not be open for use until further notice. We hope that, as the lockdown measures continue to relax, we will be able to return to a more normal way of operating in the near future but this system will be in place until more government guidance is released.
We will, unfortunately, no longer be providing any towels for members using The Club. This is primarily for the safety of our staff and to avoid unnecessary contact where we can so we ask that you now bring your own towel for swimming.
We will also not be offering children’s swim until further notice. This will be reviewed regularly and any member feedback taken into account.
Some good news about the pool, however, is that we are currently in the process of having a new boiler fitted in time for reopening which we are very excited about!
The court has been cleaned, re-lined and is available for booking!
Please not that there will be some changes in the Brook Bar.
- Tables will be 2m metres apart and we would ask that you do not move from table to table.
- Initially, and at least for the first two weeks, a limited food menu will be available - this will be under regular review.
- Table service will be provided.
- Where possible please use a debit/credit card for payment.
To ensure the safe future of The Club, we have taken the difficult, but necessary, decision to increase membership by £2 to £61 per month. The last few months have obviously been extremely testing for everyone over a vast array of industries and we have been a rare exception in that we have taken no money from our members since April. We have also secured the jobs of all our staff and class instructors to make sure we can still provide a first-rate service upon reopening so we hope you can understand a small increase from August. As a gesture of goodwill, we will be reducing August by £10.00 for the membership fee that was taken in April. This is to say thank you for staying with us and supporting The Club.
Another change we have had to make in light of the recent events is to remove the annual membership from our offering. It has been very difficult to compensate all members equally whilst we have been closed and have decided that having all members on a direct debit will remove any future complications should we find ourselves in a similar situation again. Any members currently on an annual membership will convert at the time of expiry to a monthly direct debit.
A personal message from Kate
This is, without doubt, the most difficult newsletter I have had to write in my time as Club Manager. Whilst we have had the brilliant news that we can reopen to our members, it is with some changes and concessions to our service. I am fully aware that this will not be perfect but I am remaining hugely positive by the very fact that we CAN open! An awful lot of similar facilities are not able to open at all or have had to make members of staff redundant so we can count ourselves lucky in that respect. All I ask is that we all look after each other and keep Holbrook a happy, safe and productive place to be. As I said before, should you have any concerns about anything discussed in this newsletter, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
We look forward to welcoming you back very soon!